Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Strangers

One movie I recently saw was The Strangers and starred Liv Tyler. The movie was pretty good and pretty scary. The reason I wanted to see this movie was because of the trailer. I first saw the trailer and thought it looked good so one day I rented it. It was similar to other horror/thriller movies. There was lots of pop-out scenes which are the scariest because they surprise you. It was also very suspenseful because it had scenes with the main characters and the bad guys in the same shot, but you wouldn't know what was going to happen to them. The movie is about a couple who go off to a summer home to spend the weekend. Little do they know that they will be chased and harassed by some crazy killers until the early morning. One thing I noticed of the camera was lots of steady cam shots which give the shot a more real look and not like it is staged; for example in scenes where the camera looks out the window to see the killer, the camera seems hand-held or a steady cam. There was a variety of shots, long, medium, and close ups. Over all the movie was good and was fulfilled what I was expecting.

2 comments:

ahmfarah said...

andy this movie seems really scary and very intersting i would love to see it. but i never saw the comercials or even heard of it but it sounds very intersting and i would to see it and thanks for the comment on my blog because now i now what type of subjects to talk more about.
sincerly ahmed

Connor said...

I saw this movie in theaters over the summer and I loved it! The way the director used 3 killers was both original and scary.