Thursday, October 2, 2008
good movie
I just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall starring Jason Segel and Mila Kunis and directed by Nicholas Stoller and produced by Judd Apatow. I thought the movie was really funny. It was kind of an easy watch, nothing too complicated went on, but i thought it was very funny. Its about a guy named Peter Bretter who gets dumped by his famous actress girlfriend named Sarah Marshall. He goes on vacation to Hawaii and coincidentally Sarah Marshall and her new boyfriend are staying at the same hotel. The film is basically about them running into each other at awkward times and trying to make one another jealous. The movie also stars Russell Brand who is comedian in Europe. I thought he was very funny and almost made the movie for me. He isn't very famous and hasn't been in much since, but he was very good in this movie. I also did notice shots like long establishing shots over the ocean and the hotel. The movie mainly consisted of medium shots, since most of the movie was dialogue between the characters. There were lots of long shots to mainly to show the landscape and symbolize the Peter being lonely.I didn't really have a favorite part, but I thought most of the scenes with Russell Brand were really funny. There were some other famous stars in the movie who were really funny like SNL's Bill Hader who plays Peter's best friend, Jonah Hill who was in other Judd Apatow movies like Superbad, Knocked Up, and 40 year old Virgin, and Paul Rudd who also starred in 40 year old Virgin. Over all I thought the movie was hilarious and I highly recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Andy your review of Forgetting Sarah Marshall was very interesting. Your review of the plot was very blunt and accurate, it sums up the plot line for a reader who hasn't even viewed the movie very well. Althought i thought you focused to much on the character selection and not enought on the director's use of camera angles, sound, and editing. Your blog has made me want to view this movie yet again. your friend fluggett
Andy I also beleived that your post about forgetting Sarah marshall was very informative to a reader who had never seen the movie it tell you just enough about the movie to make you want to go see it but that the same time it doesn't tell you to much or give away any of the good parts. Great job :)
Post a Comment