Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11/11/08 romantic comedies

I thought the romantic comedy unit was pretty good. I like groudhog day with Bill Murray but I hated Bringing up Baby. It wasn't engaging, it hurt my ears, and it wasn't funny. The main character, Susan, was so annoying and I hated everything about her. If I was David I think I would have just left her and I don't know how he could fall in love with her and listen to her. Groundhog Day was good though. I thought it was funny and it was interesting and kind of unpredictable unlike Bringing Up Baby. my favorite part in Groundhog day is when Phil tries so many times to say the right thing to Rita. He slowly learns exactly what she likes and what to say to her. I also like the part with ned reierson because it was funny. My least favorite part in the movie was when he kept waking up at 6:00 because that means it was the start of the same day again. I would say what I like about Bringing Up Baby, but I didn't like anything about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also thought Groundhog day was pretty funny. It was a good and clever plot. Personally, I don't really like romantic comedies, but the funny ones like Groundhog day arent too bad.

Sadik said...

I also didn't like the romantic comedies movies. but i thought that groundhog day was funny.I also didn't like bringing up the baby it almost put me to sleep.

danz said...

i doubt that bringing up baby can even come close to the amazing-ness of Groundhog's day. That movie was the turning point of chris elliott's carrier. after this movie, he went on to bigger and better things like having a minor role in some sort of sitcom. therefor it can be said that this movie is pretty good.

Erich R said...

I too hated Bringing Up Baby. It annoyed the crap out of me, especially Susan Vance. I do agree too when you say that Groundhog Day was good because I thought it was one of the best movies we've watched. Oh, and nice video.